St. James United Methodist
Narrator: Cameron Rackley
Under the leadership of Reverend W.M. Hudson, St. James was located in the center of African-American commerce and social activities during 1964, making it an ideal location for Civil Rights activities. One of the oldest existing buildings in the Mobile Street area, St. James was used as a mass assembly site for planning and reporting incidents.
The historical building was founded in 1890 and is now a center for Outreach of Faith and Fellowship. The St. James congregation resides at 705 Country Club Rd. in Hattiesburg.